Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Looking Back at the Past, Before Moving On

This week, I'll be moving back to the Seattle area. Part of the moving process includes going through all of your belongings and deciding whether to keep all of them or not. One thing that I've been carrying around with me for 25+ years is the artwork that I did when I was in college. Slowly over time (and with moves), I've shed past art projects but this portfolio has stuck with me - not because I wanted to keep it, but more so because my mom (when it was stored at her house) and my husband have not let me get rid of it. Well, with this move, it's gone. I've given the portfolio, board and papers to some of the artists I met through the Pro Arts Open Studios. However, the real contents have been captured on film and now preserved via this post. As part of a finals project in college, I had to pick an inanimate object (for me, a pair of Levi's jeans) and create 20 versions of it. Here are some of my favorites:







It's good to look back, to see where you've been and how you've changed over time. It's also nice to live in a digital age where memories can be better preserved (instead of mounted in an old photo album as the rest of my older artwork has been).

No comments:

Post a Comment